How we start our day determines how we spend our day. And how we spend each day determines our future. It is also said that success is the sum of small actions repeated daily. What we practice we embody, what we embody we become.
More than anything else, our outcomes and results in life are determined by our daily habits. Our mindset and how we choose to use and focus our mind is also a habit and it is the single most important factor when it comes to goal achievement. Trying to achieve something without the right mindset is a waste of time and energy and won’t bring the results we desire.
There is no magic pill for personal growth. There are millions of self-help books, coaches and courses but only when we apply that knowledge to our life in a practical way, only when we take action we can expect to see results.
So, what, then, is more important than beginning and ending each day with clear intentions, a positive and focused mindset?
“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
The gift of a morning and evening practice has the potential to create huge shifts in the quality of our days. It aligns us with our intentions and goals, train our mind to focus on positive thoughts and prepare us for maximum effectiveness.
Give yourself time each morning and evening to become present, focused and conscious of your choices and actions, to shape your dreams and most important, to enjoy the journey.
“Where your attention goes, energy flows”.
Morning Affirmations and Power Questions:
- Today, I would love….
- Today, I am so grateful for…
- My intentions for today are….
- My inspired actions for today….
- Today is going to be great because…
- Today I am going to enjoy….
- Today I am grateful for ….
- Today it would be fun to….
- Today I’m focused on being….
- Today would be amazing if…
- What if (insert possibility) ….
- The mindset I wish to create today is….
- Today I am focusing on being….
- Today I accept that….
- Today I am going to create….
- Today is my opportunity to….
- Today I am open to the possibility of….
- What I love about today is….
- What I love about my work is…
- Today I AM ….
- Today’s wellness mantra:
- I have a winning mindset and ….
- What is the best course of actions to take today?
- What I would do today if it was my last?
Evening Power Questions
The evening practice is designed to slow us down so we can hear what intuition is telling us while opening us up to new ways of thinking and being.
Becoming aware of our limiting beliefs, unconscious patterns, unhealthy habits and how they hold us back is the most profound realisation we can have at the end of the day.
In fact, focusing only on the positive and failing to acknowledge our fears, limited beliefs and undeveloped parts of our personality, limits our ability to achieve our potential and realise our dreams.
Use these evening power questions to upgrade your beliefs and shift yourself into a more conscious way of life.
- What did I enjoy about today?
- What was great about today?
- What went well today?
- What was fun about today?
- What challenged me today that I can grow from?
- What would I like to create instead?
- What did I do really well today?
- What strengths did I use today?
- What did I succeed at…?
- What am I proud of about today?
- What knocked me out of track?
- What fears are holding me back?
- What am I choosing to focus on?
- After today, what behaviour do I want to upgrade?
- In what area would I like to grow?
- What would I like to let go?
- What do I really desire and what am I willing to do to get there?
- What did I learn today?
- What was interesting about today?
- What was today’s lesson?
- What could I have handled differently today?
- What habit do I want to develop after today?
- What beliefs would I like to upgrade?
- What new mindset do I want to adopt into my life?
- What skill can I develop further?
- How can I open up to new ways of doing things?
- How was my mindset today?
- How did I give value today?
- How did I show leadership (or other quality) today?
Forming a new habit takes time. To successfully integrate a new habit, it’s vital to create a daily ritual until your new routine becomes second nature.
Give yourself the best chance by working on these powerful questions and affirmations at the same time every day and by keeping them close by.
You can copy these on your mobile phone and read them in the morning (or even during your work commute), you can write them in your daily journal or use them during your meditation practice.
How you use this practice or how much time you spend on it each day is entirely up to you. You can spend 5, 15, 30 minutes or even more for each session. Just remember that magic happens when you stay committed and focused. You’ll be amazed at the end result !